Essay writing is a style that everyone will master until they understand the fundamentals of essay writing. An academic essay should start with a strong, debatable argument that is then backed up with relevant facts from other sources or one’s own analysis. The majority of essay research follows a common format. And if you are on a tight deadline, remembering certain fundamental concepts for essay writing will help you produce a useful, and convincing essay. You can also opt for buy essay online services if you are unaware of how to start your essay or if the deadline is close.
Many academic institutes will demand that the essay should be written in a certain format, such as MLA, APA, and Chicago formats. The distinctions between the MLA, APA, and Chicago formats will be explained in this article. Essay Writing Solutions’ essay writing help will help you in making a difference.
Essay Format Structure
The assigned academic format of writing for MLA, APA, or Chicago are as following:
- Title Page
- Abstract (Paragraph 1, 2, and 3)
- Table of Contents with page number
This expanded essay outline style is a great template to practice when writing a research essay and maintaining a thorough research essay format particularly if the MLA guidelines are followed. It is important to note that the student must keep count of his or her resources in order to easily apply them to any of the steps described above.
A simple guideline of rules must be followed when writing an essay in MLA format.
- The font size should be 12pt Times New Roman
- The spacing should be double spaced everywhere and no extra spaces.
- The first page heading of the essay must include:
- One inch margin on each side, top, bottom, right and left.
- Page Numbers
It is essential to know that the MLA essay style is typically used in humanities courses, as opposed to other forms of scholarly writings.
Since the APA format is one of the most widely used college essay formats, understanding its specifications is important. We may use a similar set of rules in an APA format system as we did in the MLA portion.
- The font size should be 12pt Times New Roman.
- The spacing should be double spaced.
- One inch margin on each side.
- Title page heading of the essay must include:
- Page Numbers
Similarities Between MLA and APA
- The formatting style are similar for instance the spacing, indentation, and citation.
- All details of the essay should be shown in the citation page.
- Both styles consist of parenthetical citations in the content.
- Citations are alphabetically listed down.
Difference Between MLA and APA
- MLA style is used in humanities whereas APA style is used in social sciences.
- The way the citations are written is different.
- Where an in-text quotation is used and the author’s name appears throughout the sentence, and the page number should be placed at the top.
Chicago Style Format
The Chicago style is widely used in scholarly writing that emphasizes the source of origin. This means that accurate citations and footnotes are crucial to a well-written essay.
- The structure for the title page is the same as for the other formats.
The title consists of spacing.
Below the page should be the title in regular text.
Center your full name.
Down the page will include the course number, instructor’s name, and date.
- One-inch margin from the right side.
- Double spacing.
- No extra spacing between paragraphs.
- Times New Roman 12pt font
- Page Numbers